The Bergs

We are "The Bergs" Rich, Brie, Roman, and Griffin. Rich is in the United States Coast Guard. The Coast Guard has sent us from coast to coast of the US. We've lived in Portsmouth, VA Clearwater, FL Marinette, WI Cheboygan, MI Key West, FL and currently Seattle, WA. We are always looking for ways to keep in touch with friends and family whom we miss very very much everyday. Love To All. The Bergs

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This is where I'm from.

When I was growing up on this farm in Missouri I felt like nothing could be more insignificant. Now when I go back to visit, I feel so lucky to have this farm and this small chunk of the world part of my life. I'm proud to say this is where I'm from.

This is just a snap shot of what my parents see every morning.



Rutledge, MO. Blink and you'll miss it. There is a small general store where you can get a fresh baked loaf of bread, out dated box of cereal, a cheese burger served in a napkin and an ice cream sundae. Then there's the gas station and a post office. The train passes through several times a day to liven the place up a little.


This is where I went to school from kindergarten to fifth grade. There were 2 other kids in my grade, 12 or so students k-12th grade. k-4th grade where all in one room (called the little room upstairs), then the big kids, 5th-8th grade, where all down stairs. We ate a delicious home cooked hot lunch together every day.

2 Comments:

At June 3, 2009 at 7:40 PM , Anonymous Gina said...

This is an amazing place. Your pictures are beautiful and I can feel how much you love and respect your hometown in your words.

 
At June 5, 2009 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Havens Family said...

It is always nice to go back home, isn't it? {{hug}} I miss the wide-open spaces of my midwest farming community hometown more than I can say. Thank goodness I'm about to get a nice long visit this summer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home