The Bergs

We are "The Bergs" Rich, Brie, Roman, and Griffin. Rich is in the United States Coast Guard. The Coast Guard has sent us from coast to coast of the US. We've lived in Portsmouth, VA Clearwater, FL Marinette, WI Cheboygan, MI Key West, FL and currently Seattle, WA. We are always looking for ways to keep in touch with friends and family whom we miss very very much everyday. Love To All. The Bergs

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello Cupcake!

I made lots of Halloween cupcakes this year. It's been a fun challenge to see if I can make them as pretty as the ones in the new cupcake book I got called, "HELLO, CUPCAKE!" The have such cute holiday and special occation cupcakes. I couldn't resist giving some of the ideas a shot!

Here are my sparkely pumpkins. Orange frosting over pumpkin spice cupcakes. I dipped each frosted cupcake in white sugar mixed with orange food coloring. Piped the line detail and topped with a chocolate cookie stick for the stem.

















My mom gave me the idea for these bug cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes with orange frosting. I piped the legs with chocolate frosting. Then added a malted milk ball for the bug face with 2 mini m&ms for the eyes and a almond m&m for the body.
















I saved these wolf cupcakes for my big challange. I used a marshmellow for the snout, marshmello pieces for the ears, M&Ms for the eyes, jelly bean for the nose, red fruit roll up for the open mouth and piped the chocolate fur and fangs.

I baked 18 chocolate cupcakes to make in to scary howling wolves, but after doing six, I decided, six scary howling wolves was pleanty! They all kinda have their own little personalities.
I frosted the rest of the cupcakes with scary chocolate frosting and called it good.
































Me decorating the cupcakes. Not the most flattering angle... but hey... anyway....






I wish I could share some of these cupcakes with you all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home