The Bergs

We are "The Bergs" Rich, Brie, Roman, and Griffin. Rich is in the United States Coast Guard. The Coast Guard has sent us from coast to coast of the US. We've lived in Portsmouth, VA Clearwater, FL Marinette, WI Cheboygan, MI Key West, FL and currently Seattle, WA. We are always looking for ways to keep in touch with friends and family whom we miss very very much everyday. Love To All. The Bergs

Friday, October 17, 2008

Ummm no, I wanna be a pirate!

About the time that Griffin was born I was already thinking about cool Halloween costume themes for my boys. You know, ketchup and mustard, peas and carrots, sleepy and dopey dwarfs... (I'm a big fan of super cheeeezee)
This year I had a grand plan of a Little Lion and a Little Tiger (jungle cats for those of you who don't see a theme there). So I got a lion costume for Griffin, and a tiger costume for Roman. I was pleased as punch!

So when I showed Roman his tiger costume he replied... "umm.... no, I wanna be a pirate!"

I was speechless. This little darling boy of mine, has an OPINION! When did that happen? Sigh!

My reply: "Well, your gonna be a tiger...and like it"

So yesterday, with the encouragement of a great friend and a great mom, Elise, I got Roman a pirate costume. It's even kinda scary. So no theme. :-( But that's ok.

And next year Griffin I suppose will acquire some sort of opinion. And I'll be subjected to years and years of evil, scary, bloody, gory Halloween costumes that have no theme what so ever. SIGH.

Pictures to follow at a later date.

Happy Halloween Everyone!

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2008 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Diane Melvin said...

That is too funny. I guess they do grow up quickly in more ways than one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home