The Bergs

We are "The Bergs" Rich, Brie, Roman, and Griffin. Rich is in the United States Coast Guard. The Coast Guard has sent us from coast to coast of the US. We've lived in Portsmouth, VA Clearwater, FL Marinette, WI Cheboygan, MI Key West, FL and currently Seattle, WA. We are always looking for ways to keep in touch with friends and family whom we miss very very much everyday. Love To All. The Bergs

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Update on Griffin.

Sunday morning I went to change Griffin's diaper and was surprised to see that his diaper rash was going away! We went camping Saturday and Sunday, I packed the basic stuff, but never pack milk because we waist it or it goes bad. By monday morning his rash was really almost gone, just a few bumps and no red at all. I realized he'd had no milk for 2+ days. I kept him off the milk and now his rash is gone and his poop is looking normal... so I think he's lactose intolerant. He's almost 2 and really no longer needs whole fat milk, so I'm switching him to soy to see if that works.
I'm up for any advise anyone may have of milk intolerance...

Also took Griffin to Holly Ridge where he has been recieveing therapy for low muscle tone and speach therapy since this winter. Griffin has made such improvements! I asked to have him retested to see if he was still behind, because from what I could tell, he was communicating and moving well. So he tested above average on his verbal skills, exactly average on his understood language. He took direction, stacked a tall tower of blocks, did a puzzle, walked up and down the stairs (even did a stunt dare devil jump off the last step on to the floor), and walked a balance beam. He was really showing off for those therapists. So he tested out of both occupational therapy and speech therapy. Holly Ridge Center offers a preschool for his age group, so they asked if I was interested. I think it will be so good for him. So this fall he will be in preschool 2 days a week for 1 1/2 hours.

The therapists said he has really come such a long way and there is really no reason to worry about him anymore at all. Such a reliefe!!

I really appreciate everyone who follows my blog who has expressed concern for Griffin. It is such a comfort to be able to share things about what is going on with my family while we are so far away. Thanks for all the love!


Griffin sitting on couch douced in powder in romans underwear to help get air to his diaper rash... picking his nose.

3 Comments:

At July 22, 2009 at 7:27 AM , Anonymous Gina said...

Who needs doctors and poop analysts anyhow? Good job, Dr. Mom. And congrats on the Holly Ridge news! Griff is a super star!

 
At July 22, 2009 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Havens Family said...

So glad he is doing better! He looks so grown up in the booger-picking picture! lol

 
At July 25, 2009 at 11:21 PM , Blogger AndreaYork said...

I love you Brie!!! Miss you, enjoy reading on your blog. Wish I could be closer to you and the boys. Glad to hear everything is going better with Griffa...Roman looks sooo happy in all of his pictures. Kisses to everyone, xoxox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home