The Bergs

We are "The Bergs" Rich, Brie, Roman, and Griffin. Rich is in the United States Coast Guard. The Coast Guard has sent us from coast to coast of the US. We've lived in Portsmouth, VA Clearwater, FL Marinette, WI Cheboygan, MI Key West, FL and currently Seattle, WA. We are always looking for ways to keep in touch with friends and family whom we miss very very much everyday. Love To All. The Bergs

Monday, May 24, 2010

April 8, 2010
Good News! My amazing hard working very smart husband has earned a rank advancement from BM Chief to BM Senior Chief (SC)!
I was very honored that he asked that I put his SC Anchors on along side his boss LT Melanie Burnham. Shortly after we found out Rich would be on the BMSC advancement list we were notified we would be transferred from CG Station Seattle. The advancement/pinning ceremony took place on his last day of work in front of the entire station.



I'm not gonna lie, I was not thrilled about moving from Washington. I lived in a town, Bremerton, that I'd fallen in love with and made friends that I adored being around. That being said, as I stood with my husband in front his fellow coasties and felt the mutual respect and honor in that room; my uncertainty of moving turned into pride. I'm PROUD to be a Coast Guard family; and am honored to go where ever that duty may take us.

So.......

April 3o, 2010 our packers came and packed all of our belongings in a huge truck headed to St. Ignace, MI.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home