The Bergs

We are "The Bergs" Rich, Brie, Roman, and Griffin. Rich is in the United States Coast Guard. The Coast Guard has sent us from coast to coast of the US. We've lived in Portsmouth, VA Clearwater, FL Marinette, WI Cheboygan, MI Key West, FL and currently Seattle, WA. We are always looking for ways to keep in touch with friends and family whom we miss very very much everyday. Love To All. The Bergs

Monday, August 3, 2009

Camping at Fort Worden State Park

The family packed up a few weeks ago and went camping at Fort Worden State Park. It was so beautiful. The last few times we camped we only went about 2 miles from our home. Fort Worden was about an hour or so away. I was surprised how beautiful it was, there was even a sandy beach.

It was really windy, which was perfect for flying a kite on the beach.

Rich and Roman setting up the tent. Roman was very intent on helping daddy.

Ok, so this was the most exciting part of this trip (for me anyway) Rich had a long night with Griffin waking up a million times, so when I woke up I didn't have the heart to wake him up. I was, however, really hungry. I decided to take it upon myself to fix a campfire breakfast (which I had never so much as ever started a fire)
This is the fire I start all by myself, it only took me 10 minutes and 20 matches!
Step 1: pancakes.
Things were a little rough cause I forgot butter or oil...

One heaping pile of pancakes. Side note... next time I will bring butter and syrup. I figure my first batch of camping pancakes would be like the first child. You do many things to screw them up, you still love them and just try too keep notes of what you did wrong so you don't screw the next one up.
Step 2: Eggs. Also, oil would have been a huge asset, but I remembered salt and pepper!
Step 3: Sausage. It was frozen precooked... pretty hard to screw up.
So this is my first campfire breakfast. Very Proud!

Roman ate it, so it couldn't have been that bad!

Rich was pleasantly surprised that I had fixed breakfast before he woke up. And like a smart man, he kept his mouth shut and ate it. Said it was the best breakfast he ever had while camping at Fort Worden!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home